Special Needs Trusts
We work with families of individuals with special needs to develop a plan to provide for the individual to receive government benefits such as Social Security or Medicaid, while having financial resources available in a trust to cover “supplemental” expenses.
Special Needs Services include:
- Estimating the financial needs to fully fund a Special Needs Trust
- Establishing a Special Needs Trust (either inter vivos or testamentary)
- Identifying alternatives to fund the Special Needs Trust
- Working with caregivers to document information for future caregivers
- Drafting Wills which pass any gifts to the Special Needs Trust to protect government benefits
We also work with individuals with special needs to establish Special Needs Trusts that are Self-Settled to provide financial resources for “supplemental” expenses.