Happy New Year! Is getting organized in 2017 on your list of New Year’s resolutions? January offers an opportunity for new beginnings, goals and aspirations. As you look at 2017, if your goals for the year include getting organized, consider adding a review of your estate plan to the list. Also consider creating a notebook or file that contains health and financial information.
We work with families following the death of their loved ones and when their loved ones are terminally ill. A frequent discussion is whether there is a Last Will and Testament and how the family will determine where assets are located.
When organizing your health and financial information, compile the following information in an easily found location:
- Physician’s name and phone number
- A copy of your Advance Directive for Healthcare
- Location of your Last Will and Testament
- Safe Deposit box location and key
- Safe combinations, keys, etc.
- Bank account information: institution name, account number, username and password
- Life insurance information: life insurance company, policy number, beneficiary information
- Retirement account / pension information: company name, account number, beneficiary information
- Name and phone number of your advisors: financial advisor, attorney, CPA
- For credit card and other loan accounts: institution name, account number, username and password
- Utility provider name and account number
- For email and other online accounts: username, password and security question answers
We are happy to review your needs with you. Call Grissom Law, LLC at 678-781-9230 to schedule an appointment with our attorney We work with individuals and families to develop estate plans that include Wills, Revocable Living Trusts, Powers of Attorney and Health Care Directives.
This Blog/Web Site is made available for educational purposes only. In addition, it is available to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and Grissom Law, LLC.